Living Supports - Family Living Services provides a natural environment with a family/home for the support and nurturing of an individual, which emphasizes activities within our community. These supports are provided while integrating with other family members, and when appropriate, involvement in a work and/or educational plan during the day. This service may be in one’s own home or that of another family approved by the Medicaid Waiver and Cornucopia, Inc. Family Living Providers are responsible for implementing an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) for the individual served. There are mandatory state and agency trainings required to assist in the implementation of the person’s specific goals and objectives. Please contact us with questions or for more information on how to enroll in the Family Living Provider program by using our email form. Email form, Recipient - General Inquiry
One of the core programs at Cornucopia is our Customized Community Supports. This program provides socialization and interaction with others to reduce isolation and improve functional ability. Program Goals include improving our client’s health and well being, enhancing life and work skills, encouraging regular moderate exercise, and building relationships. We encourage participation in outside activities and strive to assist the individual to develop natural supports within the community. Services include:
• Individual Customized Community Supports: The ratio is one-to-one (1:1) and is to be delivered in the community exclusively.
• Intensive Behavioral Customized Community Supports: The ratio is one-to-one (1:1) or as necessary to adequately support the individual with challenges in both an individual and group setting.
• Community Inclusion Aide: The ratio is one-to-one (1:1) and is to be delivered in the community exclusively.
• Small Group Customized Community Supports: The group ratio is one-to-two (1:2) or one-to-three (1:3) and is to be delivered exclusively in the community.
• Group Customized Community Supports: Staff ratios, depending upon the individual's NM Developmentally Disabled Waiver (DDW).
Cornucopia provides transportation services to and from Cornucopia (within a 6 mile radius) as well as transportation for all outing opportunities. Cornucopia received a grant from the Department of Transportation in Spring of 2009. This grant allowed us to purchase vans specifically crafted to accommodate wheel chairs with full-motorized wheel chair lifts.
Offer a safe, reputable, and growth-oriented environment where our clients and families may maximize their potential in a community-based setting.
To be a cornerstone of the community and to improve the quality of life of our clients, prolong their independence, and prevent their institutionalization.
Advocacy • Safety • Compassion • Community